What to expect at each workshop:
College Facts and Figures
- Discover little known facts behind college tuition and ways to avoid rising hidden costs.
- Learn about the alarming trends in college attrition and ways to increase the odds of success.
Student Profile, Scholarships, and Discounts
- PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP… What really counts in college admissions and financial aid?
- Learn how to match your student profile to merit aid, private scholarships, and discounts.
Need-Based Aid from Federal, State, and Institutional Sources
- Review aid qualification formulas and associated awards, types and amounts.
- Learn how to complete the FAFSA, CSS Profile and other applications to maximize need-based aid eligibility.
- Discover ways to manage income and assets early on in high school to increase aid potential.
Tax Benefits and Other Government Programs
- Receive information on integrating credits, deductions, and other tax provisions for college funding.
- Utilize college savings plans to maximize financial aid and tax benefits.
- Discover special programs for teachers, veterans, and other professions.
Funding College with Debt
- Learn how to maximize “good” and avoid “bad” student loans.
- Be aware of parental borrowing options and avoid common pitfalls.
- Discover techniques for minimizing lingering consequences of education debt.
Putting it All Together
- Determine which colleges are a good financial fit.
- Learn the benefits and detriments of “Net Price calculator” and other college planning tools.
- Receive tasks and timelines from freshman to senior year to maximize future awards.